- 25-ppm compact desktop digital MFP with 1200 dpi output
- Paper capacity maximum: 2,100 sheets
- 100 sheet reversing automatic document feeder
- Standard 2 x 500 sheet cassettes and 100 sheet bypass tray
- Electronic sorting / offset stacking with paper shifter
- Standard Host-based PC printing with JBIG compression
- Large 8.1″ (Measured Diagonally) Touch-screen LCD Display
In today’s fast-paced business environment, you need to operate at peak efficiency. And with the AR-M257 digital desktop MFP you’ll be able to raise office productivity to a whole new level. With advanced versatility, the AR-M257 MFPs deliver everything your business needs to get ahead, offering 25-ppm copy and print speeds, convenient networking, and integrated multifunction capabilities. These new workgroup MFPs are ideal for busy departments and workgroups. Standard features include a 100-sheet reversing document feeder, duplexing, 1,200-dpi (enhanced) laser output, and a large 8.1″ touch screen LCD display that makes operation easy and intuitive. The AR-M257 models are feature-packed MFPs designed to deliver reliable and versatile performance to enhance your customer’s workflow!
- Powerful Productivity
- Quick 25-ppm copy output
- Standard 100-sheet Reversing Automatic Document Feeder
- Large 8.1″ touch-screen LCD display for easy operation
- ID Card Shot feature conveniently copies both sides of an ID card onto a single sheet of paper.
- Standard 1,100-sheet paper capacity expandable to 2,100 sheets to handle busy workgroups
- USB-2.0 and IEEE 1284 b-directional parallel interfaces
- Administration Utility Suite provides easy-to-use tools and software for simplified installation, monitoring and operation.
- High-Quality Out-of-the-Box PC Printing
- 1200 x 600 dpi (enhanced) resolution for professional-quality output
- Host-based print controller utilizing JBIG compression to reduce job file size
- Time-saving features such as N-up printing, fit-to-page, auto-duplexing and sorting
- Convenient PCL6 Network Printing Option
- PCL6 Print Controller option with standard imbedded networking for enhanced performance and functionality
- Carbon copy print mode, cover pages, proof printing and optional form/font downloads save time and outsourcing costs.
- Auditing and job retention features allow print tracking for greater cost accounting
- Integrated Network Scanning
- Versatile features include Scan to E-mail, Scan to Desktop, Scan to FTP, and Scan to URL.
- Scanned documents saved to PDF and TIFF for optimum compatibility
- Scan destinations can be selected manually through QWERTY keyboard on touch screen, or even more efficiently via up to 200 one-touch destinations, which can be entered and stored.
- Built-in LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) enables fast searching of your mail server’s global address book for e-mail destinations.
- For added security, user-level authentication provides ability to restrict network scan access to authorized users.
- Super G3 Fax Functionality
- The optional Super G3 Fax Module expands unit into a powerful workgroup fax.
- Up to Ledger-size reception handles virtually every type of fax requirement.
- Broadcasts to up to 200 destinations, stores up to 500 auto-dial numbers
- LAN fax function lets users transmit documents right from their desktop for added ease and productivity (requires PCL6 controller option).
- Leading-Edge Security Features
- Several levels of network and data security to ensure only authorized users can access sensitive information
- Confidential Print requires PIN code to print queued document, safeguarding against unauthorized viewing.
- User Authentication protects network against unauthorized e-mail communication.
- IP/MAC Address Filtering restricts network access to the unit.
- Data Security Kit protects data with encryption and erases memory by overwriting the encrypted document data.
- Main Specifications
Account Control 100 profiles
Auto Duplexing Yes
Auto Switching Yes
Card Shot Feature Yes
Compression Type – Fax JBIG, MMR, MR, MH
Continuous Copy Maximum 9999
Copy/Print Speed 25 copies per minute (8 1/2″ x 11″), 18 copies per minute (8 1/2″ x 11″R), 15 copies per minute (8 1/2″ x 14″), 13 copies per minute (11″ x 17″)
Copy Features Scan-Once Print-Many, electronic sorting, Auto Paper Sensing (APS), Auto Magnification Sensing (AMS), auto tray switching, memory copy, manual zoom, job build, split scan, booklet copy, multi-shot, reverse image, cover page, department control, job programs, auditor/coin vend ready, toner save mode, and total counter.
Copy Method Dry electrostatic transfer system
Copy Size Min. 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, Max. 11″ x 17″
Electronic Sorting Up to 100-sheet electronic sorting (shared Function: memory), group copy, rotation copy, 2-in-1 copy / 4-in-1 copy, edge erase, center erase, and margin shift.
ENERGY STAR® Yes
Exposure Modes Photo mode: 600 dpi, Auto exposure: 600 dpi
Exposure System Fixed optical source, slit exposure (stationary platen) with automatic exposure
First Copy Out Time1 4.8 seconds or less
Fixed Zoom Range 25%, 50%, 64%, 77%,100%, 121%, 129%, 200%, 400%
Functions2 Copy, PC Print
Grayscale 256 levels
Imaging Method Laser
Interface Type Standard: IEEE 1284 (ECP) parallel port, USB 2.0 port
Job Programs 10 profiles
Letter / Legal Yes
Memory 32 MB total (includes electronic sorting), expandable with up to 1,024 MB option
MFP Type Digital Multifunction System
Network Interface RJ-45 Ethernet connection
Network Protocols TCP/IP for Windows, IPV4/IPV6, Apple/Macintosh, and Unix environments, IPX/SPX for Novell environments, and AppleTalk for Macintosh environments
Network Security IP/Mac Address Filtering, protocol enable/disable, SSL Encryption, Ipsec
Offset Stacking Standard paper shifter for main output tray
Operating Systems Windows® 98/ME, NT4.0, 2000, XP, XP x64,Vista, Vista x64
Optional Power Filter Yes
Options 500-sheet x 1 drawer paper feed unit, 500-sheet x 2 drawers paper feed unit. 1,000-sheet finisher/30 sheet stapler, Job Separator tray, PCL6 Print Controller with network interface, Postscript Level 3 Kit, Network Scanning Kit, Network Interface Card (protocol expansion), Super G3 Fax Kit, 8 MB fax upgrade memory, Bar Code Font Kit, Low Stand (for use with 3 or 4-tray configuration), High Stand (for use with 2-tray configuration)
Original Feed System 100-sheet reversing single pass feeder (RSPF)/document glass
Originals Sheet, bound documents
Original Size 11″ x 17″ Max
Original type Flat bed / sheet fed w/ RSPF
Original Feed System Standard: 100-sheet reversing single pass document feeder (RSPF) with stream feeding mode, mixed letter/legal size original detection, and mixed (lateral feed) letter/ledger original size detection.
Output Capacity Main output tray 500 sheets (face down), 100 sheets in optional Job Separator Tray, and 1,000 sheets in optional finisher (output tray is user selectable)
Output Trays 2 trays, face down
Paper Feed System3 Standard: (2) 500-sheet cassettes, Standard: (1) 100-sheet manual bypass tray, Optional: (1) 500 sheet paper feed unit or (1)1000-sheet paper feed unit (500 x 2)
Paper Type Paper Cassettes: 15-21 lb. standard or recycled bond, or 21-28 lb. special paper. Bypass Tray (multi-sheet feed): Up to 100 sheets 14-21 lb. standard or recycled bond paper, up to 40 sheets for OHP film and labels, up to 30 sheets for 21-54 lb. thick paper, up to 5 sheets for envelopes (#10). Bypass (single-sheet feed tray); 14-34 lb. standard or recycled bond paper, OHP, labels, and think paper up to 54 lb.
Power Consumption Maximum 1,450 W, pre-heat 90 W, sleep mode 1.2 W
Power Source AC 120 V, 60 HZ, 12 Amps
Resolution (copy mode) Scan: 600 dpi; Copy Output: 600 dpi
Separator Tray Optional
Software Sharpdesk™ Document Management Software (included)
Supplies AR-310MT Toner Cartridge, AR-271MD Developer, AR-310DR Drum Cartridge
Warm-Up Time4 25 seconds or less
Web-based Management Optional
Zoom Range 25% to 400% in 1% increments (with RSPF 50%-200%)
- Printing System
JBIG Enhanced Print Function Standard
Network Operating Systems Windows® 95/98/ME, NT4.0, 2000, XP, MAC OS8.6 through9.x, MACOS 10.1 or later
Page Description Language PCL6 (XL), PCL5e, optional PS3
Printer Expansion Kit Optional Network Print Controller
Print Features Binding edge, N-up printing, different cover page/last page, transparency inserts, carbon copy print mode, continuous printing, overlay, fit to page, watermarks, PIN printing, print hold, proof print, print auditor, print sommthing, offset print, font/form downloads, and direct print function
Printing Protocols LPR, IPP, Raw TCP (port 9100), HTTP, Novell NDS/ Pserver/Rprinter (Bindery)/ NDPS (TCP/IP), HTTPS, IPPS
RIP-Once Print-Many Yes (managed by host machine)
Utility Software Sharpdesk Document Management Software
- Document Scanning
Broadcasting – Document Scanning Yes
Image Formats Optional TIFF, PDF
Scan capability (color/B&W) Optional B&W
Scan Destinations (number) 200
Scan Destination type Optional scan-to- email/desktop/FTP
Scan Resolution Settings 200 dpi, 300 dpi, 600 dpi
Hole Punching Optional
Saddle Stitch Finisher Optional
Saddle Stitch Function Optional
Stapler / Finisher Optional
Staple Sheet Capacity 30/50
- Super G3 Fax
Auto Dialing 500 auto dial/group dial destinations
Broadcasting – Super G3 Fax Up to 200 destinations
Fax Features F-Code transmission/reception, confidential communication, quick on-line transmission, anti-junk fax reception, out of paper memory reception, and PC faxing
Fax Kit Optional Super G3 Fax Kit
Fax Memory 2 MB standard/ 10 MB max. (8 MB option)
Group Dialing Destinations Up to 200 destinations
Modem/Speed5 33.6 KBPS / Approximately 2 seconds with JBIG6
Timer Functions Up to 50 jobs
Data Security Kit Optional
Network Expansion Kit Optional B&W
- Additional Specifications
Weight Approx. 41 lbs.