Price: $999.00 **
- 20-ppm compact desktop digital MFP with 600 dpi output
- Paper capacity maximum: 550 sheets
- 50 sheet reversing single pass feeder w/ 2-sided scanning
- Standard 250 sheet cassette and 50 sheet bypass tray
- Up to 100 page electronic sorting and offset stacking
- 25% to 400% zoom magnification
- Scan and send documents to a variety of destinations
The Sharp MX-B201D Digital Multifunction Document System is big on performance, but compact in size. Designed for small offices and workgroups, the MX-B201D delivers all the required features for fast-paced, small office environments. With 20 page-per-minute copying/printing and integrated color scanning, your office workflow won’t miss a beat. A 50-sheet document feeder provides standard 2-sided scanning for extra efficiency, as well as duplex printing and copying. The cost-effective, consumable system utilizes a three-component system that’s easy to replace and easy on your wallet. And since business never stands still, the MX-B201D offers flexible options to add Super G3 faxing, networking and web-based management…so you’ll be ready for anything.
- High-Productivity Features
- 20-ppm compact desktop printer/copier with high-quality 600 dpi output.
- Electronic sorting and offset output stacking allows copying of multiple sets quickly and efficiently.
- 50-sheet Reversing Single Pass Feeder with standard 2-sided PC scanning.
- Flexible paper handling includes a 300-sheet paper supply, upgradeable to 550 sheets.
- 50-sheet multi-purpose bypass tray handles different size paper ranging from 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ up to 8 1/2″ x 14″ as well as envelopes, labels, and transparencies.
- Scan and send documents to a variety of destinations for easy distribution.
- Optional Network Expansion Kit with 10/100 base TX Ethernet, Network PCL6 Printing and Network Scanning.
- PCL6 and Postscript® 3™ option.
- Optional Super G3 fax kit with 118 auto-dial destinations.
- Built-In Color Scanning with Sharpdesk®
- Increase productivity by converting black & white and color documents into digital files that can be shared, archived, or e-mailed.
- Button Manager, a built-in utility that automatically scans your files to Sharpdesk, E-mail, Fax, OCR, Microsoft® Word or other designated application.
- Easily edit, store and share scanned files with Sharpdesk Document Management software, now with Windows® 7 support.
- High-Quality Printing
- Offers 600-dpi resolution for crisp, razor-sharp text.
- Standard USB printing with JBIG compression.
- Built-in electronic sorting, offset stacking, and auto duplexing.
- Robust paper handling abilities include a 50-sheet Reversing Single Pass Feeder, standard 250-sheet paper supply and an optional 250-sheet paper cassette, 200 sheet output tray capacity.
- Fax Option for Expanded Functionality
- Super G3 Fax Kit expands functionality to include fax capabilities.
- Super G3 modem speed (up to 33.6 kbps) of 3 seconds per page
- 256 grayscale with standard, fine and superfine resolution for crisp, clear output
- 2 MB memory, holds up to 120 pages
- Fast and easy transmissions with 18 rapid dials, 100 speed dials and group dials/broadcasting to reach up to 18 groups and 100 destinations
- Main Specifications
Auto Duplexing Yes
Auto Switching Yes
Base Engine Description Multifunction monochrome document system
Bypass Tray 50 Sheet
Card Shot Feature Yes
Compression Type – Fax MH, MR, MMR, JBIG
Continuous Copy Max. 99
Copy/Print Speed 20 ppm (one side letter)
Copy Features Electronic sorting, 2-in-1 copy, offset stacking, auto tray switching, margin shift, zoom, variable memory adjustment, auto shut off
Copy Method Dry electrostatic transfer system
Copy Size 3.5″ x 5.5″ to 8.5″ x 14″
Developer System Magnetic brush development
Display Type Monochrome LCD
Drum Type OPC
Electronic Sorting Electronic Sorting, Scan-Once-Print Many
ENERGY STAR® Yes
Exposure Modes Manual/Automatic
Exposure System Stationary platen with automatic exposure
Feed Trays Paper tray / Bypass tray
Firmware Management Flash ROM with USB and network update capability
First Copy Out Time1 8 seconds / 25 seconds
Fixed Zoom Range 25%, 50%, 64%, 77%,100%, 121%, 129%, 200%, 400%
Functions2 Copy, print, network print, network scan, and fax
Fusing System Heat and pressure
Grayscale 256 levels
Imaging Method Laser
Interface Type USB-2.0 (standard), 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet (option)
Letter / Legal Yes
Light Source Cold cathode lamp
Magnification 25% to 400% in 1% increments (with RSPF 50%-200%)
Memory 64 MB Shared
MFP Type Monochrome
Microprocessor Type Sharp Proprietary
Network Interface Optional RJ-45 Ethernet
Network Protocols TCP/IP, IPV4
Offset Stacking Yes
Operating Systems Windows® 2000, XP, Vista®, 7, XP x64, Vista® x64, 7 x64
Optional Power Filter Yes
Options 250 sheet 2nd paper tray, Super G3 Facsimile kit, Network Expansion Kit, Postscript level 3 Expansion kit, Cabinet
Original Feed System 50-sheet reversing single pass feeder (RSPF)/document glass
Originals Sheet, bound documents
Original Size Max. 8.5″ x 14″
Original type Flat bed / sheet fed w/ RSPF
Original Feed System Platen/original feeder
Output Capacity 200 sheets
Output Trays 1 tray, Face down
Paper Feed System3 Standard: 1 – 250 sheet paper tray, Standard: 1 – 50-sheet bypass tray, Optional: 1 – 250-sheet paper feed unit
Paper Size Letter, Legal
Paper Type Paper Cassettes: 15-21 lb. bond paper, Bypass Tray: up to 50 sheets 15-34 lb. bond paper; post cards/envelopes (#10 Monarch)/OHP film/labels one sheet feed
Power Consumption Max 1000W, stand by 12.5W
Power Source 120vac 60hz
Resolution (copy mode) Scan: 600 dpi; Copy Output: 600 dpi
Software Sharpdesk™ integrated desktop document management software, Button Manager, Composer
Supplies MX-B20NT1 toner, MX-B20NV1 developer
Warm-Up Time4 0 seconds
Web-based Management Optional
Zoom Range 25 – 400% / with 8 presets
- Printing System
JBIG Enhanced Print Function Yes
Network Operating Systems Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, XP x64, Vista x64, 7 x64, Server 2003 x64, Server 2008 x64, Mac OS® X 10.2 – 10.6
Page Description Language Sharp Print Language with Compression (SPLC), PCL6 / PCL5e (Included with optional Network Expansion Kit), Postscript 3 Option (Requires optional Network Expansion Kit)
Print Controller Sharp SPCL, opt. PCL6
Printer Expansion Kit Yes
Print Features N-up printing, fit to page, auto paper select, front cover print (with MX-PK10), watermarks, and duplex print
Resolution (print mode) 600 dpi
RIP-Once Print-Many Yes
Utility Software Sharp Remote Device Manager, Sharp Monitor, Sharpdesk™ Document Management Software with Composer and OCR (3 user license)
Color Scanner Function Yes
Broadcasting – Document Scanning Yes
Image Formats JPEG, TIFF, BMP Optional PDF
Scan capability (color/B&W) Color, B&W
Scan Destinations (number) 4
Scan Destination type Scan-to-desktop, optional Scan-to-email/FTP
Scanner Keys Yes
Scan Resolution Settings 200 dpi, 300 dpi, 600 dpi
Scan Speed 20 ipm
TWAIN Compatibility Yes
Super G3 Fax
Auto Dialing 18 rapid dials / 100 speed dials
Broadcasting – Super G3 Fax 18 groups/100 destinations
Fax Kit Optional
Group Dialing Destinations 18 groups/100 destinations
Long Length Originals Yes
Modem/Speed5 33.6 KBPS / Approximately 2 seconds with JBIG6
Network Expansion Kit Yes
Weight Approx. 41 lbs.
**Inclusive only of one 500 sheet drawer. Picture is shown with another extra 500 sheet drawer.